Thursday, January 22, 2009

I DID IT!!!!

I completed my very first half marathon on Sunday, January 18th. What a way to celebrate turning 41 (1/15). I'm very pleased with my performance. My goal was to at least run half of the 13 miles (6.5 miles); but I surpassed that and ran 7.5 miles straight! I walked to 8; then jogged/walked 8 to 10; ran 10 to 11; walked 11 to 12; and ran 12 to 13. I finished in 3:04 hours. I am soooooo pumped! I can't wait to be done with my "recovery" period so I can get back to it! I have to gradually work back up to where I was on race day so that I don't end up with a more damaging injury. A running coach told me I should be able to go for a light run on Saturday. WOOHOOO! Can't WAIT!

I had my hostess clubs (3) on Sunday evening AFTER the marathon. Boy, was I moving slow! Luckily my newest DL, Christa, came to assist. I'm ever so grateful for that! Let me tell you...she's going to be an AWESOME consultant...I can feel it in my [aching back] bones. :) LOL

Our office was closed on Monday, so I had a full day of recuperation, too. That was nice. I honestly don't think I could've worked a full day with the pain I had.

COMING UP: January 17, 2010 -- Chevron/Aramco Half Marathon -- it's on BABY!!!!

1 comment: