Friday, January 16, 2009

Half Marathon -- 2 Days Away

Well, by my post title, I imagine you've figured out that I am attempting the Aramco Half Marathon (which is in conjunction w/the Chevron Marathon) on Sunday, January 18th. I do believe I was insane when I signed up for it back in the spring. I am extremely NERVOUS. My training back then through summer was going great; but then that blasted Hurricane Ike came to Galveston/Houston area and just sent me in a downward spiral; then Wes returning from Afghanistan; and then the holidays. However, I'm sticking to it...I'll be there Sunday morning...probably freezing my buns off because apparently there is a cold front due to arrive between 6:00 & 7:00 a.m. -- with slight rain; but it will be breezy which will probably make it feel ten degrees cooler than it really is...YIKES!!!! I can't believe I'm doing this for the first time at the age of 41!!!! UUGGGHHH...I am NUTS!!!

I have my Scrap in a Snap Hostess Clubs meeting on Sunday afternoon as well. I hope they will be understanding if I am moving VERY SLOW afterwards...especially if I have to go upstairs to get anything from my scrapbook room. Luckily our office is closed on Monday and I can recuperate a little; but I may still go work out lightly so I can work out the soreness.

I'll let you-all know how I do. I've already set Wes' cell phone up to get "alerts" as to where I am during certain "check points" along the way...of course, he would probably have to be awake to hear the alert...hmmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment