Thursday, January 13, 2011

21 Years!

On Saturday, January 13, 1990, I married my high school sweetheart in Edna, Texas (my hometown). It's hard to believe it's been that long. Seems like just yesterday we were starting our Senior year in high school. WOW! How time flies! Yes, we've had our ups and downs (like most marriages); but we've paddled our way through all of it. He was in the Marine Corps when we married, and now he's in the Army Reserves. So, Military has been a part of our lives -- since 1987 when he joined; and I have to say that it's been good to us. (I always joke with him and tell him that the first year and a half was the best of our marriage -- he was at Camp Pendleton for six months and then overseas in Philippines & Okinawa for a year - got there 2 days before Kuwait invaded by Sadaam Hussein.)

I am looking forward to AT LEAST another 21 years with you, Wes. I love you bunches and I hope you know that! Happy Anniversary!

Here are just a couple of pics from our wonderful day!





No comments:

Post a Comment