Sunday, November 15, 2009

Snow Village...

...is up! Well, 95% of it is! I'm waiting on more of the Display Anywhere Lighting system to come in so I can light the buildings that are on our ledge at the stair landing. We started collecting -- albeit not religiously -- Department 56 Original Snow Village shortly after we got married. Our first piece was St. Luke's Church. I love all of the pieces that I have. This is the first year in many that I've been able to set it out. My original plan was to work on it over Thanksgiving, but we will be busier than anticipated. So, Zach and I worked on it this weekend. He really enjoyed doing it, too. We've learned what to do/what not to do for next year...just hope I remember. Might be a good idea for me to write it down!
My next task will be setting up my Department 56 Snowbabies. Every year for as long as I can remember, my parents have given me a piece for Christmas. I'm always excited to see what new piece I will receive.
I love Christmas, and I can't believe it's only 39 days away!!!!! Yep, 39 days away! Don't let it sneak up on you, but be sure and take the time to enjoy the season. It is the most magical time of year.
I will try to post pics sometime this week of my little Snow Village; but please go easy on the criticism...I'm still a newbie when it comes to "designing" the layout! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment