Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!

I hope everyone is having a safe and Happy 4th of July; but, most importantly, I hope you-all are staying cool! Is it hot out there or what?!?! I saw where June was the hottest month on record for Houston area (maybe even Texas....can't remember). I hate to even begin to imagine what July & August hold for us!

If anyone follows me on Twitter, you know that I baked & "attempted" to decorate cupcakes today to take to a 4th of July party. Well, this has given me a new respect for my FAVORITE cupcake place -- Sugarbaby's. While I had fun decorating them, I kept thinking -- and I'm sure -- there is a better/easier/cleaner way to frost cupcakes.
Below are a couple of pics. Zach wanted to put all the pinwheels in as he was so pleased to be helping. So, I let him. The cupcakes are vanilla and I filled them with sugar free vanilla pudding after they were baked. Not sure how much actually got in each cupcake...any cupcake bakers/decorators want to share tips on that aspect??




No comments:

Post a Comment